This week, you should be locating sources for your Signature Assignment project. What problems are you having locating sources for your project? Is the wording of an article hard to comprehend? What sites have you found helpful? Please locate at least two scholarly sources for your project and describe the information you found in these sources that you intend to use for your presentation.
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least two scholarly sources other than the textbook.
Social Media and the Modern Impact of Informatics
Write an essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each numbered item. There should be three sections, one for each item number below, as well as the introduction (heading is the title of the essay) and conclusion paragraphs. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) scholarly citations using APA citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Most people remember the story below that made national headlines. As most Americans have smartphones, tablets, and computers the utilization of social media is commonplace.
Finley, T. (2017, Sept. 20). Navy hospital removes staffers for calling babies ‘mini Satan’s’ on social media. Parenting.
- If you were writing a hospital policy on smartphone and social media usage, what should be included in the policy?
- What potential ethical and legal liabilities are there for the hospital and employees in the case presented above?
- Finley, T. (2017, Sept. 20). Navy hospital removes staffers for calling babies ‘mini Satan’s’ on social media. Parenting.
In 2007, Harvard University rescinded admission to 10 students after reviewing their social media posts.
- Do you feel potential employers, current employers, and colleges have the right to access your social media post? Do you feel employers and universities should make decisions based on your post?
- Discuss the relationship between accreditation decisions, reimbursement, quality of care, informatics.
Length: 1500 words total for this assignment.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment. All APA papers should include an introduction and conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module1.docx”)