Post on three separate days to the discussion board. Make an initial post that answers both questions, and then make two more posts on separate days to two different classmates. It is important to review the Discussion Board rubric to understand the expectations and grading criteria.
Include at least one reference and citation using APA 6th edition format.
Video URL http://youtu.be/u1t0G7ZnRG8
Need help with APA format citations and referencing? Watch this.
First post is due by midnight
and your second post is due by
Post on at least
three separate days
at least three posts
Please include citations/references and in-text citations in at least one of your posts.
Minimum word count for your major response post is 150 total words.
Any blog site, Wikipedia, and other non-scientific/unreliable reference sources, if listed will result in deduction of 10 points. This deduction is at the discretion of your instructor.
Deduction Policy for Discussions
- Deduction for failure to post on 3 different dates (-10 pts).
- If you write one post for the entire week the highest score you will get is a thirty-three (33).
- -5 pts if you do not have a major post written by midnight (EST) Thursday of the week.
-5 pts if either question of your major response post does not have at least 150 words.
Note: Copying the words of the question being asked or the words used in your reference(s) will not count toward meeting the minimum word count.
- -10 pts if either question of your major response post does not have at least 100 words.
- -15 pts if either question of your major response post does not have at least 75 words.
- (up to -10 pts) for posts that contain no substance when responding to your classmate. (i.e.) Post that state “I agree with you. Great point.” are not acceptable (You should be able tell your classmate why you agree or disagree or add something to the discussion)
- If you are missing both a reference and an in-text citation in your major post you will be deducted a total of 15 pts.
- (-7.5 pts) for not having a reference or an in-text citation in at least one of your three posts.
are awarded to one or two sentence responses. Please take you time to provide substance in your response.
- Copying the posts from another student in the class will result in a ZERO for the assignment. No exceptions.
To begin discussing in this forum, click the forum title. Then, click Create Thread on the Action Bar to post your initial reply. To reply to a fellow participant, click the title of the initial post, then click Reply.
Discuss the life cycle of an insurance claim. For example, where does this cycle begin? How does it begin? In your discussion, demonstrate your ability to discuss claims submission, clearinghouse, VAN, and EDI.