In this paperwork of HCA 220 Version 7 Week 2 Quiz you will find the answers on the next questions:
1. Which of the following is not part of the anatomical position?
a. eyes forward
b. fingernails forward
c. toes forward
d. standing up
2. Which plane divides the body into upper and lower parts?
3. Going up the arm from the wrist toward the shoulder is going in which direction?
4. The region of the abdomen that includes the waist on the right or left side is called the:
a. hypochondriac region
b. umbilical region
c. hypogastric region
d. lumbar region
5. The majority of the liver is found in what quadrant?
6. A person found lying face down on the sidewalk would be lying in what position?
c. dorsal supine
7. When the doctor orders an AP chest x-ray, the x-rays enter thepatient’s body from the:
b. left side.
c. right side.
8. Which organ is not located in the abdominopelvic cavity?
9. What organ is part of the GU system?
c. lymph nodes
d. adrenal gland
10. A hematologist is a specialist who studies the:
b. body tissues.
11. A disorder that is asymptomatic is one which has:
a. unusual symptoms.
b. no symptoms.
c. a group of symptoms.
d. symptoms with no cause.
12. A congenital disorder is one which started:
a. before birth.
b. in early childhood.
c. after puberty.
d. during a hospitalization.
13. In regard to a disease, the word etiology means:
a. no known cause.
b. the origin of the disease.
c. a disease caused by a treatment.
d. the cause of the disease.
14. A person given palliative care is probably:
a. terminally ill.
c. in exacerbation.
d. in remission.
15. A person with a nosocomial infection has an infection that:
a. is communicable.
b. was acquired in the hospital.
c. is subacute.
d. is idiopathic.
16. The physician used the technique of percussion by:
a. listening with a stethoscope.
b. pressing into the body with the tips of the fingers.
c. tapping with the fingers over a body cavity.
d. visually examining the body.
17. The doctor told the family the prognosis for their son, which is:
a. what was wrong with the son.
b. the name of the disease.
c. the plan of care.
d. the expected outcome.
18. The physician changed the medication order because the infection was refractory, which means that the infection was:
a. resistant to treatment.
b. going into remission.
d. caused by the treatment.
19. The word neoplastic refers to a growth that is:
c. benign or malignant.
d. a new growth from an old disease.
20. The patient went back to the doctor to seek treatment for the sequela, which is:
a. a complication from the original disease.
b. an infection caused by medication.
c. a disease that is chronic.
d. the reccurrence of symptoms.