Answer the following questions to complete your Case assignment. Please see the assignment expectations below for additional details on completing your essay for Module 1.
- Describe your quiz results from the APA. How well did you do? Did any of the answers surprise you? Why?
- After viewing the most common myths associated with stress from the APA website, discuss which concept you believe is the most misunderstood. Give support for your reasons (using your own research and sources for support).
Watch the following video on “How Stress Affects Your Brain.” Learn how chronic stress can affect brain size, structure, and function, right down to the level of your genes.Murgia, M. (n.d.). Ted Talks. How stress affects your brain . Retrieved February 11, 2017, from
- Summarize the video’s message in 1-2 paragraphs.
- Do you think cognitive stress has the most influence (or impact) on the body’sresponse to stress? Explain.
- How is the brain affected differently by short-term stress versus long-term stress? Provide examples for both types of stress.
There’s been a lot of
into how chronic stress changes the brain. Do you think stress could be a good thing if managed effectively? Why (in what potential situations?)