Watch the following LinkedIn Learning Videos to help you with the assignments in this Unit.
You work at a high school as a teacher delivering courses for building computer skills. In addition, you help to support the computing needs of the high school working with the one IT person who recently accepted a job at a different school. The high school is in the process of hiring a new IT person. The timing could not have been worse as the high school is involved in a big project to improve their information systems and technology.
You were asked to join a discussion between the high school administration and information system vendors on the information and technology needs at the high school based upon your background, education, and experience. In preparation for the upcoming meeting, you received an e-mail from the principal with questions about the project:
- Why should we have separate databases and a data warehouse?
- Why don’t we just have one large database for all our data, both current and historical?
- How would we use a data warehouse, and how would it help this high school?
- Are there other information systems we should consider?
- How would a mobile wireless network impact the educational process here?
In a 1,500–1,750-word e-mail response, provide detailed answers to their questions including a recommendation for the high school’s technology plan. Make sure your paper is written in the APA style and fully supports your opinion and arguments you make. Although this is an email, it is also a critical business communication. You are to write in the third person and use an academic tone, avoiding casual embellishment or emotional appeal. Cite any sources you used to support your argument.
Refer to the Grading Rubric for this assignment.