Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Throughout this course, you will be developing key components and elements of an employee manual. Each week you will be instructed to complete several policies and procedures that you will submit to your instructor for a grade and specific feedback. You are expected to incorporate any and all feedback provided by your instructor, make those changes on your end, and then at the end of the course, as your final project, you will be submitting a completed and revised employee manual.
All policies and procedures must be original work. Students are encouraged to review existing policies and procedures to help build an understanding of what the policies should cover and the appropriate procedures, but students are not to copy from an existing manual and direct quotes cannot be used. All work must be original and based on a fictional healthcare facility.
Below you will be expected to complete the following in week 4:
- A compensation policy. This should be, at minimum 500 words, and must address how each type of healthcare professionals will be paid (e.g pay-for-performance, salary, or hourly). You must identify a minimum of 5 different professionals and state how each position is compensated and when they are compensated.
- A benefits policy. You will need at least 500 words of content for this section and include both a policy and procedure on how supervisors are to create a budget. The policy should clearly state the benefits that employees at the organization are eligible to receive and who is eligible.
- A pay adjustment policy. This should be, at minimum, 500 words of content. You need to include a policy and procedure that outlines how often supervisors are to review the market price of each position and if adjustments should be made based on this.
You are required to use at least 3 outside resources, 1 of these may be the textbook, and all responses should be written in APA format to include, at minimum, indented paragraphs, the use of in-text citations as appropriate, and a properly formatted reference page. You may use standard employee manual formatting, but in-text citations and references are required.
It is important to note that this is not a research paper, but rather an employee manual designed to guide managers and employees alike. Your audience is these employees and managers.